Thursday 25 August 2011

Clinique and Clarins

I'm going to start this post by firstly explaining my current situation. I've just graduated and am now currently unemployed (like about 5 million other graduates). People always joke that students are skint and have to eat beans etc. Looking back student life was pretty sweet- nice little student loan payments and discounts everywhere. So now I am being more careful with my money and when I see any freebies in magazines I practically cry with joy (perhaps slight exaggeration there..). Boots sent me a nice little card to bring into Clinique for a 5-day supply of foundation so I brought that into town with me today. The lady at the counter (what is the official name?) was really nice and took one look at my skin and recommended the 'Anti-blemish' foundation (more on my awful skin later). I used to use Clinique all the time and went completely off it when I realised how harsh it is, especially the 3-step plan (I'm sure you can take nail polish off with the toner). But I'll try it out and do a review.

I also got a Clarins card free with Glamour magazine that gives you a sample of their Instant Definition Mascara. While I was there the lady at the counter (again.. what is the right name?) gave me a consultation and was recommending the 'Daily Energizer' range. Obviously I wasn't going to just buy everything and she gave me samples so I may think about it (waiting for the job again). So I'll try the 5ml Daily Energizer Lotion and the Cream-Gel and write a review later. The products do smell amazing and we'll see if it lives up to the description- 'Hydration, freshness, healthy glow'.



We live in hard times where unemployment is high and I am trying to budget wisely. So a generous foundation sample, mascara and two moisturisers for free will do nicely :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment